What type of wax do you use?
We blend our own waxes - predominantly soy based with a small amount of paraffin wax added, which gives the incredible scent throw.
If possible, avoid placing your candle in direct sunlight to avoid the wax turning a yellowish colour, in particular, the vanillin (natural extract of vanilla) based candles. These are normal occurrences for natural waxes and will not affect the quality of your candle.
What type of fragrance do you use? Is it 100% natural?
We use a blend of natural essential oils and premium fragrance oils (man-made).
This ensures the fragrances blend correctly with the wax for use in candles and to give the best scent throw.
It also allows us to create uniquely scented candles which could not be possible using only essential oils.
Where are your candles made?
Our collection of candles are handmade by us on the Gold Coast, QLD, Australia.
We blend, pour and package all of our candles - and we LOVE what we do!
Do you make candles for wedding favours or corporate gifting?
Yes! We love bespoke gifts.
Quality and high-end packaging are very important to us - we will work with you to create something beautiful and unique for your occasion that meets your budget requirements.
To discuss, please contact us at email@example.com
I have a comment or query, how do I get in contact with you?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.
Planting Seeded Paper
Our Luxe Collection of candles comes with plantable seeded paper - handmade by Seeded Paper Australia based in Wodonga, VIC.
For best results use a high quality herb/vegetable potting mix and follow these steps;
1. Depending on the seed type, choose an appropriate spot to plant your seeded paper.
- Chamomile: Place in full sun or sun with partial shade. Ideally sown in spring, summer or early autumn. Can be grown in a pot indoors.
- Oregano: Prefers warm conditions - plant in well-draining soil in full sun, protect from frosts. (best to plant in a large pot or a herb garden)
- Thyme: Best in full sunlight. Once established, the plant can tolerate quite dry conditions.
2. Plant the paper (a single layer is best) under 3-5mm of quality soil.
3. Water thoroughly.
4. Ensure the seeded paper is kept moist throughout the germination period.
5. Keep protected from extreme weather if outside.
BURNING YOUR CANDLE
PLEASE READ THE SAFETY WARNING LABEL ON THE BASE OF YOUR CANDLE PRIOR TO USING.
For the best effect and to prevent 'tunnelling', burn your candle until the entire top of the candle wax is liquid - do not burn your candle for more than 3-4 hours at one time (this will prevent the glass from becoming too hot).
Always trim the wick to 6mm before relighting to ensure the wick/flame is working correctly.
Do not use the candle when approximately 10mm of wax remains at the bottom of the jar - there may not be enough wax to absorb the heat of the flame and the glass may become too hot and break.
Always keep out of reach of pets and children and place the candle on a flat, stable and heat resistant surface. Never leave a lit candle unattended.
The container may become hot - never move a lit candle.
Always ensure the candle is fully extinguished.